WEEK 10 Jan 14th – Jan 20th
Monday, Jan 14
RENNET SKIERS!! PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR RENNET RACE WAIVER AND TURN IN TO A COACH BY TUESDAY (TOMORROW!)
- Bus to Hyland, Pick up at KTMS at 3:15 PM
- Skate Ski at Hyland 4:00 PM -5:30 PM. With how busy it was this past weekend, remember your SKIER ETIQUETTE. 🙂
- Workout: We will go through the complete WARM UP ROUTINE FOR RACE DAY, so you are all able to execute the proper sequence, followed with short hill reps V2 up and over X 8. Easy between each pick-up active recovery of 2 min. Get your effort to come back to Level 1. Clean technique between. Cool down ski.
- Bus Departs approx 5:30 PM
- BUS STOP AT CHIPOTLE FOR DINNER- BRING YOUR $$
Tuesday, Jan 15
- Dryland at Kenwood OR ski** Also: Strength Training “break-even” effort- not all out, maintenance effort. 2 sets each exercise. Announcements on GroupMe on Monday about possible Carpool to Hyland.
- ** There IS A RACE there, so if carpooling and skiing there, it needs to be “heads up”ski for 50 minutes. Keep it easy.
BE SURE YOU TURN IN YOUR RENNET RACE WAIVER
Wednesday, Jan 16
- SSC Skate PURSUIT 5k at Wirth Park. Start Order will be according to Classic Finish last Tuesday.
- First Race: Boys V at 3:45 PM, Girls V at approx 4:00 PM Boys JV at approx 4:20 PM and Girls JV at approx 4:25 PM.
- Start in Lower Stadium. Full 5k loop this time- a small addition on the first 1k.
- Early Release 1:35 PM. (South skiers- be sure you arrange to take your test at 11:30am) Bus at Kenwood at 1:50 PM Return at approx 6:30 PM
- NOTE: Middle School skiers will be skiing in the JV race- BE POSITIVE AND EMPOWERING LEADERS! help them out, show your best Lakeville Nordic role modeling, where to go, what to bring what to do- everything that is helpful for them to have a great race experience!
Thursday, Jan 17th
- Dryland at Kenwood 3:15 -5:15 PM EVERYONE meet at Kenwood at 3:15 for strength training 3:15- 4:00 PM.
- Dryland cardio afterwards. Starting with Strength Training. POWER sets today (yes, even though you raced yesterday!) Cardio: Level 1 workout, 40 min. Run or XTrain.
- RENNET SKIERS: Have the skis you plan to race on. Waxing after practice.
Friday, Jan 18th
Saturday, Jan 19th 10:00am-12:00pm @ WIRTH PARK (Hyland is closed for Rennet) Classic. Prepare for Sprints race on Tuesday. Work on Transitions- DP to to DP w/ Kick to Stride to Herringbone to tuck and steep uphill striding technique. (La Squadra hill)
- TO BE DETERMINED - REGISTRATION CLOSED> NO LAKEVILLE SKIERS IN FRIDAY RENNET
This entry was posted in General
. Bookmark the permalink