Thanksgiving week trainingOverview: We will have regular practice after school this week on Monday and Tuesday. We will be meeting at Cleary Lake Park Wednesday with a 9:00 start time. No team practice on Thursday or Friday. Saturday at Kenwood or possibly a park TBD. Varsity and those wanting to be on varsity should try to go to the weight room twice this week. (Mon and Sat) workouts at the end of this post.
Monday - 11/19
BRING SKI POLES! Classic if you have them, skate is fine if not. JV2 does not need poles but good of you have.
Workout: Hills/Drills Varsity/JV: Workout together running hills and bounding practice to start. New skiers (JV2). Then split up for V/JV1 do 5 x 5 min run threshold hills workout. JV2 do 5 x 3 min threshold w/ hills.Technique work on portable hill. W/Classic drills afterwards. Finish in fitness center with strength training, (See Below)
Tuesday 11/20start right away at 3:15
15 minute warmup, Nordic Plyos routine hard effort! Team Night at Gear West. Leave Kenwood at 3:45 or 4:00 latest. Those not going do easy 40 rollerski or xtrain.
Wednesday -11/21No School Workout: 9:00 am at Cleary Lake (with permission from Three Rivers). Coaches will send out a remind on Tuesday Eve with details. Plan for a long workout, 120 minutes. Bring food and water.
Thursday 11/22Turkey Day! Workout: Somewhere try to fit in a 30-45 min run/roller ski/or bike. A short workout will help recovery and keep the Turkey sleepies away.
Workout: On Your Own Choose one of the following and do at L1 pace Run 45-50 minutes Ski at Wirth or Roller ski 60 minutes or Bike 90 minutes
Workout: 9:00 Location likely Kenwood (weather dependent) Varsity - 90-120 minutes ski or rollerski with 6x45 second L5 pickups and full recovery in between. JV - 60 min out and back run in total (Run 30 minutes, turn around and do 4X2 minutes at L4 pickups with full recovery, finish out the 60 minutes)
Sunday 11/2530 min easy Choice or off.
Weight Lifting Plan for Varsity
KICK-OFF THE 2018-19 SKI SEASON!
BE SURE YOU ARE REGISTERED TO PARTICIPATE!
3:15PM at KENWOOD MEET IN THE CAFETERIA
THINGS TO BRING-
- Dressed for Outdoor and Indoor:
- Running/Trail shoes
- For Outdoor (cooler/cold weather)
- Warm up Pants
- Warm up Jacket/top
- For Indoor
- Shirt and Shorts
- Water Bottle
- You will get a lock/locker
- First Due Date is Nov 18th
- If you want to receive your apparel by the first scheduled meet of the year (Dec 4) orders need to be placed by November 18th.
- We will keep the online ordering open until November 30th for those not in a hurry
- 15% of the apparel proceeds go back to the Lakeville Nordic program!
*** Think Snow!!! Think Nordic Ski!!
Are you ready to go?? Or, do you want to find out more about the greatest fun on snow??
Lakeville Nordic (NORTH AND SOUTH) PAC MEETING MONDAY, OCT 29th Kenwood Trail MS Auditorium 5:00 PM see you there!****
- OPEN TO GIRLS AND BOYS FROM LAKEVILLE SOUTH, LAKEVILLE NORTH AND FARMINGTON HIGH SCHOOLS.
- PAST, FUTURE, MAYBE FUTURE OR JUST THINKING ABOUT IT FUTURE SKIERS!
- TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS 3:15 PM-4:45 PM MEETING BEHIND KENWOOD BY THE TRACK.
- ACTIVITIES INCLUDE: TRAIL/POLE HIKE, TRAIL OR ROAD RUN, ROLLERSKI OR IN-LINE ROLLERBLADE, BIKE, ULTIMATE, DISK GOLF, OTHER
- BEGINNING MONDAY, OCTOBER 22nd THROUGH SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10th
FIRST DAY OF SEASON:
- NOVEMBER 12th 3:15PM KENWOOD FITNESS CENTER
- PRACTICES: DAILY MON-FRI 3:15PM- 5:15PM MEETING AT KENWOOD. SATURDAYS 8:00AM AT VARYING PARK LOCATIONS.