2018-19 Volunteer Sign Up! Click HERE!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Picture Order Link!
Tuesday, Jan 2 Skate 5K. SSC Varsity meet. Hyland
Friday, January 5 Skate 5K. SSC Junior Varsity meet. Hyland
Saturday, January 6 Mutiple Events- Loppet Invite. Wirth Park
Last day to join is Monday, Dec 11th. It's not too late!!! If you are reading this, you or your son/daughter is or is interested in becoming a member of the Lakeville Nordic ski team!! Join the tradition of success and fun! Reminders and items to put on the short list of “to dos” if they aren’t done or aren’t on your list yet.
- If you haven’t already- get registered. Feepay site aschool. https://isd194.feepay.com/
- Visit this site for meet schedules, practice calendar link, shuttle bus schedule and general information.
- do an equipment inventory - do you have the ski equipment you need when the snow comes? Grow out of anything? Ready to upgrade/replace old or broken stuff?
- Meet daily in the Kenwood Trail fitness center at 3:00 for pre workout team meeting at 3:15.
- Middle school skiers start Dec 11.
- bring all your necessary workout clothes for dryland practices this week including: Gloves or mitts hat or headband
- LS wicking top and lightweight jacket or sweater
- leggings or sweatpants
- Indoor shorts/spandex and t-shirt
- running shoes
- thin wool/wool blend socks
- we will have a locker and lock for you.
- Practice goes from 3:00-5:00pm and some days 5:30 some days 4:30 depending upon workout and whether we are strength training.
- Those of you who have been running Cross Country up until recently (as recent as yesterday) come to practice Monday or Tuesday if you are registered and get your locker and we can plan for your recovery week(s) before getting into full training.
- If you have team rollerskis ( 1 or 2 pair) or your own rollerskis, please bring them “Day 1” for inspection and repairs if needed.
- For returning skiers who are equipped and prepared, we will be rollerskiing on Wednesday.
- Everyone prepare for dryland training- both indoors and out and be sure to check the weather regularly!
2017-18 PAC (parents-athletes-coaches) PRE-SEASON MEETING FOR ALL LAKEVILLE NORDIC (North, South and Farmington)
DO YOU LOVE SNOW?
DO YOU LOVE BEING OUTSIDE?
DO YOU LOVE A CHALLENGE OR JUST PLAIN HAVING FUN?
DO YOU WANT TO GET FIT, GET MORE FIT OR GET SUPER-FIT LIKE NEVER BEFORE?
YOU'VE FOUND THE RIGHT PLACE!
- START DATE: Monday, November 13th
- TIME: 3:15 pm
- WHERE: Meet in Kenwood Trail Middle School Commons
- WHO: Anyone from LNHS, LSHS or FHS registered or interested in registering for Nordic Ski
Congrats to our State Meet Skiers!!! Boys and Girls complete results from Skinnyski.com
February 7th at Hyland Ski Area
- Bus Pick up at Kenwood 8:00 AM, Depart Kenwood 8:15 AM. Return Kenwood 6:00 PM
- Lakeville Line-ups
- Complete Start List
- 2016 Results
- 9:30 AM Coaches, Officials and Course Marshal Volunteers Meeting- Jan's Place
- 10:30 AM Boys Classic Race (one skier released every 30 seconds)
- 11:30 AM Girls Classic Race (one skier released every 30 seconds)
- Break- Rest Interval - Freestyle Bibs issued
- 2:00 PM Boys Freestyle Pursuit Race
- 3:00 PM Girls Freestyle Pursuit Race
- Awards Ceremony at the Midsummer Start/Finish area will be conducted after the completion of the final race.
- Team Trophies to the championship and second place teams.
- Individual Medals to championship team, second place team, top 6 individuals places 1 to 6 in the pursuit event (d) any non-team, non-top 6 individual who is a state qualifier.
- State Qualification: Winning team and Runner-up team advance to state. The top 6 individuals not on either of these 2 teams will also advance to the State Meet as an individual.
2017 SSC Conference Final Standings:
- Tyler Haroldson 4th
- Duncan Ince 10th
- Ben Barry 15th
- Hudson Fredericks 25th
- Brianne Brewster 2nd
- Emma Drangstveit 4th
- Harmony Zweber- Langer 8th
- Violet Tessier 9th
- Bailey Naatjes 16th
- Monica Toussaint 22nd
- Izzy Wolf 25th