2017-18 Volunteer Sign Up! Click HERE!
Meet this week 12/20 is cancelled. 🙁 No back-ups are available as Hyland will not be hosting any meets this week. (however there is an opportunity to race! see below***)
No Pasta Dinner (because no meet)
Practices: Hyland has official practice slots available of which we are waiting for openings to be added (as a "formal" team practice there must be pre-approval).
Ski Trip permission slips can be printed off and turned in. Or, one, we will hand out blank copies on Friday- bring to the bus on Tuesday morning upon departure along with your payment check (200.00 payable to Lakeville Nordic Boosters)
*** Race News- Brad Rosch Memorial 5k - confirmed date Saturday, Dec. 23 at Elm Creek Park. Start time for HS skiers 5k skate event is 9:15 am. $10 entry fee per skier will be paid for by booster. Team members will meet at Elm Creek at 8:00(am (it's a 50 minute drive so plan accordingly) https://www.pioneermidwest.com/events/winter-warm-up-10km-brad-rosch-5km-ski-race-2017/
High School SkiersMonday outdoors and indoors. VO2 Threshlold Intervals and Strength Training. Interval workout location TBD. Be dressed for Outdoors first. Meet on Tuesday 12-12 is cancelled. Heads up- Middle School Skiing starts Monday. HS skiers, help out coach Olivia and any MS skiers that need it. Poles Handout: Former rental poles are $30.00. Brand new CT3 poles will be $60.00 Rental sales: All former rental skis sold are $80.00 to HS skiers.
RSVP deadline is this Wednesday, 12/13 HERE https://goo.gl/forms/sQ0bOxvjqXdubKGu2 Confirm YES or NO. 200.00 Payment due w/Permission Slip at time of departure (12/26) Confirmation of attendance required by Wednesday, 12/13
Middle School SkiersCoach Olivia will be handing out Lockers/locks, team Jackets, Rental Skis. Rental Poles will be done after HS team finishes handout. MS "Rental" plan is: 75.00 flat fee. Skiers may keep the skis after the season and return the poles at the end of season. Alternative, keep poles for another $30.00
Team pictures on Tuesday 12/13 at Kenwood at 245. Have your picture form!
Any equipment returned or left in the ski room after Feb 18 will be considered the property of LV nordic boosters, open for resale.
Next week HS meet on 12-19 at Hyland (5k Skate) is moved to 12-20. Still at Hyland, still 5k Skate.Skiing Updates
Three Rivers Parks Passes are on the way to us this week - Only skier who pre-paid will receive them. A second pass order may be available to those who missed the order. 1/2 price ($37.50). Good for all Three Rivers Parks. Hyland, Elm Creek, Cleary Lake, Baker Park, Murphy-Hanrehan, French Park, Lake Rebecca and more.
Hyland Park will open 3k this Thursday for skiing- no organized HS team practices will be allowed until the week of 12/18
Elm Creek is currently open for skiing 2k good snow, good skis. Also, no organized HS team practices will be allowed until the week of 12/18
Wirth Park is open for skiing 1.2 k fair (B skis) snow 8.00 daily pass
Stuck between a skiing and running season!! So..... We will be meeting at Steve Michaud Park (formerly known as North Park) at 8:00-9:30am. You can either ski on very thin snow on the fields and on Crystal Lake Golf Course ( not recommended for new skiers yet) or run / pole stride run on fields or paths in the surrounding area. Check this live WEBCAM of ABR TRAILS for inspiration!! ABR LIVE TRAIL WEBCAM
Last day to join is Monday, Dec 11th. It's not too late!!! If you are reading this, you or your son/daughter is or is interested in becoming a member of the Lakeville Nordic ski team!! Join the tradition of success and fun! Reminders and items to put on the short list of “to dos” if they aren’t done or aren’t on your list yet.
- If you haven’t already- get registered. Feepay site aschool. https://isd194.feepay.com/
- Visit this site for meet schedules, practice calendar link, shuttle bus schedule and general information.
- do an equipment inventory - do you have the ski equipment you need when the snow comes? Grow out of anything? Ready to upgrade/replace old or broken stuff?
- Meet daily in the Kenwood Trail fitness center at 3:00 for pre workout team meeting at 3:15.
- Middle school skiers start Dec 11.
- bring all your necessary workout clothes for dryland practices this week including: Gloves or mitts hat or headband
- LS wicking top and lightweight jacket or sweater
- leggings or sweatpants
- Indoor shorts/spandex and t-shirt
- running shoes
- thin wool/wool blend socks
- we will have a locker and lock for you.
- Practice goes from 3:00-5:00pm and some days 5:30 some days 4:30 depending upon workout and whether we are strength training.
- Those of you who have been running Cross Country up until recently (as recent as yesterday) come to practice Monday or Tuesday if you are registered and get your locker and we can plan for your recovery week(s) before getting into full training.
- If you have team rollerskis ( 1 or 2 pair) or your own rollerskis, please bring them “Day 1” for inspection and repairs if needed.
- For returning skiers who are equipped and prepared, we will be rollerskiing on Wednesday.
- Everyone prepare for dryland training- both indoors and out and be sure to check the weather regularly!
2017-18 PAC (parents-athletes-coaches) PRE-SEASON MEETING FOR ALL LAKEVILLE NORDIC (North, South and Farmington)
DO YOU LOVE SNOW?
DO YOU LOVE BEING OUTSIDE?
DO YOU LOVE A CHALLENGE OR JUST PLAIN HAVING FUN?
DO YOU WANT TO GET FIT, GET MORE FIT OR GET SUPER-FIT LIKE NEVER BEFORE?
YOU'VE FOUND THE RIGHT PLACE!
- START DATE: Monday, November 13th
- TIME: 3:15 pm
- WHERE: Meet in Kenwood Trail Middle School Commons
- WHO: Anyone from LNHS, LSHS or FHS registered or interested in registering for Nordic Ski
Congrats to our State Meet Skiers!!! Boys and Girls complete results from Skinnyski.com